One solitary day to pass by and i will have myself in front of the greatest band in the whole wide world - Iron Maiden. Three decades and fourteen albums later, they still remain the epitome of anything and everything 'heavy-metal'. Its the only band in the history to produce classics beelining one after the other for the past 32 years and havnt failed to amuse the metal audience and critics alike.
My introduction to this phenomenon was back when I was much more of a 'grunge rock kid' and Kurt Cobain was only prior to Jesus for me. One fine morning I saw these 5 haglike guys on TV playing a song - 'Hallowed be thy name'. And that did it for me i guess. I was so intrigued by the music. It was unlike anything I d ever heard. A bizzare energy, a mystique surrounded it all and little did i know that it was soon gonna be a part of the next 'metal' years of my life. I got trapped in the 'Iron Maiden' for good. I wanted to pick up the guitar and play that blistering solo but it only added to my misery (if only guitar playing was as simple as the unification theory). Everything went through a transition. As if a divine revelation. My view, towards everything surrounding me, was now radically different.
Tomorrow is the day zero. I will find myself right in front of the gods. I get to see them while they churn out the tunes I ve been attached to for years now. Calling it an emotional experience would be insulting and a spiritual experience would be unconvincing. What so ever it be, I am more than sure that it would be something that i d carry on for the rest of my time and an event to perpetuate in my thoughts and memories.
All set. Front Section tickets. Worn out maiden tee. Eight months long unkempt hair. Eight years of longing and obsession. Iron Maiden here I come!
UP THE IRONS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment